NeuroImaginal® Practices are evidence-based, offer quick and simple ways to support mind, body and soul coherence for a healthy and happy life. We know that we can change the way neural structures in our brain and less known, neurons in the heart, perceive and drive meaning making from our inner images, thoughts, feelings and behaviors. The images our brain stores, the metaphors we connect to and the stories we tell ourselves about our life experience essentially make up our NeuroImaginal® world. We now know that using image, imagination, music, moving the body and connecting with the electromagnetic power of the human heart all invite us to better know, shift, and strengthen the deeper meaning that informs our life.
Intentional use of these rich, fun and engaging ways of working expand our perception, build new neural pathways and shift our neurobiology. NeuroImaginal® Practices offer evidence based, experiential, enjoyable and lasting ways to address trauma, increase perception of possibilities, manage stress and change, and increase our capacity for creativity and happiness. As a participant, you learn practical tools to apply and use this powerful way of working in your own life and clinical work.
In Mental Health much attention is given to helping people better understand and then create change in attitude, feelings and behavior through physical as well as psychological and emotional shifting. Research has shown that emotions both impact, and are impacted by, neurobiology and hormonal response systems. This is becoming a well-founded approach in treatment with excitement about how to best apply the principles. NeuroImaginal® Practice shares this excitement and anchors itself in not only brain based research, but draws on less known research from the field of Neurocardiology in concert with indigenous healing practices, and expressive arts.
NeuroImaginal® Practice utilizes research in our approach to:
- Increase neural plasticity and release ineffective thinking and reacting
- Re-pattern behavior and support positive personality traits
- Shift consciousness through shifting heart rate and limbic (reptilian brain) reactions into authentic responses.
- Heal trauma by accessing cellular and unconscious memories and stored physiological responses
NeuroImaginal® Practice integrates:
- Heart based meditation and focusing tools using breath and intention,
- Mindful movement and Dance
- Personal imagery work
- Indigenous inspired healing journeys
- Soul Art as an interactive process of creativity and expression that in turn immediately reduces trauma response.
By teaching people how to access greater coherence they learn to calm stress hormones, get out of limbic brain and trauma responses and into higher or creative mind where the perception of greater possibility lives in all of us.